To register a patent in Vietnam, the applicant should follow these steps: Determine the type of patent: In Vietnam, you can register for Patent for invention or Patent for...08.10.2023
HOW TO REGISTER A PATENT IN VIETNAM
To register a patent in Vietnam, the applicant should follow these steps:
- Determine the type of patent: In Vietnam, you can register for Patent for invention or Patent for utility solutions. It is better to register the patent for invention first, then you can convert the same into Patent for utility solution
- Conduct a patent search: Before proceeding with the registration process, it is recommended to conduct a search to ensure that your invention is novel and does not infringe on any existing patents.
- Prepare the necessary documents: You will need to prepare the following documents:
– Application form: Fill out the required application form.
– Specification of invention: Provide a detailed description of your invention, including its technical features and advantages; claims to define the scope of protection; Abstract to Summarize the main aspects of your invention; Drawings or diagrams (if applicable): Include any necessary drawings or diagrams to better illustrate your invention.
– Power of attorney: If you are using a representative, you will need to provide a power of attorney authorizing them to act on your behalf.
– Priority document (if applicable): If you are claiming priority from an earlier application, the original certified copy of the priority document will be required.
- Submit the application: Submit your application to the Intellectual Property Office of Vietnam (VNIPO) directly or through IP representative (compulsory for foreigner applicant). The application must be in Vietnamese, and you should seek the assistance from IP agent.
- Pay the fees: Pay the required fees for the application and follow up the application
See more articles on the same topic at the website: https://anlis.vn/tin-tuc/
ANLIS Intellectual Property
Contact: 0899 88 6060 or 0968 3511 00
Bài viết liên quan
In today’s world, conducting business has become effortless with just a simple click. Businesses can reach millions of customers all over the world by showcasing their products, services, and...06.10.2023
1. What is a trademark? In general, a trademark includes any word, name, symbol, device, or any combination, used or intended to be used to identify and distinguish the...16.03.2022